Friday, January 20, 2012

Llama fun


"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
Winter doldrums. Time for some fun. 
I've been reading Ian Roberts' book on composition and Marla Bagetta's article on thumbnail sketches and color studies which I'm trying to apply to my pastel landscapes. But all that studying can be tiresome and Gallery B's next group show is "Animals" so I created 3 funny llama portraits to submit to the show. I'll let you know if all 3 are accepted. These llamas belong to an artists friend, Debbie Westerfield, who creates the most original clay pieces and the llamas' goofy attitude seem to reflect her wonderful imagination.
"Mahelia Too" 14"x11" pastel on sanded paper made with pastel primer
"Smilin" 14" x 11" pastel on sanded paper created with pastel primer
"Suki" 14"x11" pastel on sanded paper created with pastel primer




No comments:

Post a Comment