Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Elkhorn Creek with the Plein Air Painters

This morning the Plein Air Painters of the Bluegrass met at Elkhorn Creek close to Peak's Mill for a morning paint out thanks to Betty BeShoar who secured permission from the landowner for us to set up along the creek.
The creek is always a beautiful place to work but I was especially interested in getting in some plein air practice because of my upcoming project. The Kentucky Department of Parks has generously granted me hotel space at 9 of the state parks. While staying at the parks I will be creating plein air drawings of the beautiful landscape. KY Parks are known nation-wide for their beauty and hospitality.
From those sketches I will create larger works which along with the initial sketches will appear in my show at Artists' Attic in Februray 2013.
So here are 2 sketches from this mornings plein air practice session.
"Elkhorn Creek May Morning" 8"x12" plein air drawing on Wallis sanded paper

"Elkhorn Splits" 12"x8" plein air drawing on Wallis sanded paper

No comments:

Post a Comment