Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shaker Home East

Today I delivered 10 new pastels to Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, KY for a 3 person show with Bob Sanford and Dan McGrath. Shaker Village staff will hang the new pieces in the dining room this coming Friday. So while I was there I created this drawing of the east end of Shaker Village -- and I had a lovely lunch with Bob and Dan.

Back to changes. I think this image is a bit blurry. Guess I didn't hold the iphone steady enough but it's hard for me to tell because I had laser surgery yesterday as a follow up to cataract surgery and things are still a bit blurry. Isn't the world amazing now. Laser surgery one afternoon, no restrictions and off to Shaker Village the next day.

Things change so quickly but when I visit Shaker Village it's like life stood still. I like that feeling of quiet. It's very necessary when our world is spinning too fast.
"Shaker Village Home East" 8"x12" pastel on sanded pastel paper

No comments:

Post a Comment